Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hsing While Pregnant

from jennyberm:

While I do try to keep everyone busy and involved in classes and such (because that's one less kid I have to watch during that time), I make sure we have at least two days a week where we have nothing to do. Last week, we actually had three days with nothing that "had to" be done except for one morning ballet class and by the end of those three days I felt like a new woman. The days suddenly had 24 hours again instead of about 6, lol. I also have a park day on Fridays that I NEVER miss. Kids have to be dying for me not to go to that park day because it's the one place we can go and ALL relax and it's at the point in the week when I need that the most. The last two weeks I've been trying to get everyone doing a chore chart too and that's made a difference. It's takes some of the load off of me to do everything and it puts a bit of routine in the day too (I have them set out as morning, afternoon, and evening chores, nothing really specific). I balk at routine too and can never stick with one but just having the things to do laid out like that and check-off-able makes things go a little smoother.

No comments: